Thursday, March 17, 2005

Documentation

Earlier, I had complained that the documentation for OpenCV that I could find easily was out of date. I was really looking for some kind of online reference, but it turns out the most up to date documentation is bundled with the distribution. It lives in a subfolder called (surprise) "docs". When you install OpenCV it puts these files by default in the folder /usr/local/share/opencv/doc/.

Opening the file index.htm gives you links to four reference files (OpenCV is really four separate libraries bundled together). The problem is, on my Linux machine, the links don't work. They don't work because the names of the files referenced by the link have capitals, where the actual filenames they reference are all lower case. I fixed this on my local machine and then decided I should put this fixed version online where people could get to it:

OpenCV 0.9.6 Documentation

Hopefully, this will allow for quick and easy reference (and as soon as google indexes it, a convenient site search).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home